Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hemareddy Mallamma [1973; Columbia; 45-GE. 18009]

still workin on that scanner

Side 1:
Naa Ninna Manadaasi (Part - 1) - Sul. Rajalakshmi
Side 2:
Naa Ninna Manadaasi (Part - 2) - Sul. Rajalakshmi


Music: Diwakar
Lyric: Vijayanarasimha

G.R. Films
Columbia
45-GE. 18009


As much as I love everything that came out of Mumbai, my heart really lives in Karnataka. I couldn't find really anything about any of the players involved with making the movie or the recordings but the sounds really hit that magical place right between classical style and popular playback awesomeness (the vocals in part-1 especially). This record was really hit when I got it but I think the music shines through. If you hear too many digital artifacts please let me know, I really pushed it trying to clean it up.

This track is from the same movie but is not on this pressing. The makeup in this is really, really cool but check out the 2:30 mark for one of the better breakdowns you can find in playback music.

1 comment: